Tuesday, September 26, 2006

New Venture


The idea:


I was talking to some friends who have kids a while back, about having portraits of their children drawn. The general consensus was that they would love to have a portrait of their child, but never seem to find the time, and simply doubt that their children would sit still enough for anything more than a rough sketch.

So I started thinking that this is a service I could offer- Quality pencil portraits drawn from photo.

The process:

1. Clients email a favourite photo of the person they wish to have "immortalised".
2. I draw the portrait, and then send a low resolution jpg to the client.
3. The client transfers money to my account and I post/deliver the portrait to them immediately.

The people I have consulted so far about this generally love the idea, as it takes very little time on their behalf, and in this day and age full of "stranger danger" they do not have to introduce their children to some stranger in order to produce the portrait. The other plus is that I can do portraits of children as babies, long after they have grown up, as well as draw loved ones who have already passed on.


So what do you think? Is this something you think could work? Do you know anyone who would be interested in this? Let me know.


PS. In case you didn't already realise, these pictures are examples of some of my pencil portraits.

4 comments:

Mia said...

Actually I think this is a good idea. I know of several people (me included) who'd love this. Let me know if you decide to go with it.

verniciousknids said...

Cool idea and you are very talented!

Sharpie said...

I think its a wonderful idea. I have been saying for the last 8 years that I need to sketch the kids - have yet to do it.

DD said...

I think you are very talented and you should go for it. I will warn you that it's not going to bring a lot of fortune (for me and my family it was a lifestyle change - I wanted to be able to stay home with my kids). But it is very rewarding emotionally and it's great to see your God-given talent make people happy.