Thursday, April 05, 2007

"Sshhhhh.... Baby sleeping!"


"Sshhhhh.... Baby sleeping!"

No I'm not pregnant. But I remember when I was a kid and my parents used to foster babies before they were adopted by other families. Mum would put a sign on the doorbell saying "Sshhhhh.... Baby sleeping!" so visitors would know to be quiet. The relevance of this? I think I need a sign in Chinese that says "Sshhhh... Grumpy 27 year old sleeping!"

Currently it is 7-freaking-am, and I am awake on my day off. Ok by now it is 7.38, but you know what I mean.

Phil left for a two-day photo shoot somewhere three hour's drive from Shanghai at 7am this morning. I know that is vague but I'll be the first to admit I wasn't listening very hard when he told me where he was going. Chong Qing? Chong Zhou? Chung Shu? Something like that.

The point of this ramble is that Phil, his assistant Victor and the driver of their van were all in our living room at 7 am to collect the mountains (and I mean mountains) of lights, cameras, tripods, battery packs, computers, ladders, blonds in bikinis... who knows... that have invaded our house as he has gone from shoot to shoot this week.

The puzzle in all of this is that they weren't even that loud, and normally I sleep like the dead (in fact Phil has had to wake me up just to check that I'm alive before). To add insult to injury, on Monday morning I managed to sleep straight through the same thing at 6am, but that time there was not only Phil, Victor and the van driver, but also the Director of Production and the Make-up Artist in our living room.

This entire ramble can be summed up with one word:

WWWHHHHHhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyy???????

I'm off to get more coffee.

This photo was brought to you by the Letter B, Number 6, and the ever-wonderful Phil

No comments: