Saturday, April 07, 2007

BRILLIANT!!

Blogger has been blocked again... off again... on again.... off again... I've lost count.

This doesn't affect those of you outside China, but others inside China can benefit here. The rest of, talk among yourselves for a while.

Ok, so to read any blogger/blogspot blogs in China you need a proxy. PK Blogs which previously worked really well is for some reason not working at all lately. There are several anonymous proxys you can use (my fave being www.anonymouse.org) however you more or less have to perform proxy acrobatics to post or read comments.

I have been tearing my hair out, but the answer is at Lost Laowai

The instructions are so simple even I can do it, it took me about 1 minute to fix, and there is no messing around with proxy windows- it's just as though the block never happened. Go on, do it now! I'll wait right here for you...

GENIUS!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally sympathise with you. After having just come back from China after being there 12 months and whilst trying to maintain an Australian businesses provided many challenges and difficulties just in the internet restriction and access alone. It is nice to be home but unfortunately - like you - my partner is canadian and we are just awaiting his entry visa so he can follow.