Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Dating in the 21st Century

Phil's friends have recently introduced him to Facebook, and in turn I have been dragged kicking and screaming into the concept.

In order to fill out my profile, I clicked on "in a relationship", and then was prompted to say who I was in a relationship with. I dutifully wrote Phil's name and was instantly, and to my pleasant suprise, transferred to two whole pages of Philippe Roys, all with a little "Add as my Boyfriend" button next to them. It was like putting a kid in a candy shop!. I even rang Phil to give him a running commentary of all the other Philippe Roys I could have as my boyfriend.

In the end I chose my Phil, and was told a message was being sent to him to to verify that we are really was in a relationship. Even the computer doesn't take my word as fact.

Minutes later I get this email from Phil:

Forward from Facebook:

Subject: You have a relationship request from Louise Hubbard
Sender: Facebook

Louise says that you two are in a relationship on Facebook. We need you to confirm that you are, in fact, in a relationship with Louise.

To confirm this relationship request, follow the link below:
http://www.facebook.com/blahblahblah

Thanks,
The Facebook Team

...complete with this message from Phil:

"Very cute, is that how the young things do it nowadays?"


I wonder what happened to just passing a note during study hall?

No comments: