Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Rude awakenings

Don't you just HATE it when you get up in the middle of the night to pee and the last person to do so has left the toilet seat* up? There is that sickening moment of realisation when you plummet the last inch, free-falling past the point where the toilet seat SHOULD HAVE BEEN, and then cruel cold porceline of the bowl makes contact with your thighs as you struggle to balance, desperate in your half-awake state not to tip backwards into the toilet bowl itself.

Yeah, me too.

*I must mention that this is not a whinge at co-habitation, because as far as I'm concerned it is just as much Phil's right to keep the seat up as it is my right to keep it down. I just hate it when I'm too sleepy to check before sitting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

..thanks babe...

It's always been a mystery to me why it more of a woman's right to argue against a man for letting the seat up than for the man to argue with the woman for letting the seat down...

I mean maybe it'd cold porcelaine for you when you sit, but it can be a pretty spalshy event for a guy in the same situation too!