Sunday, January 14, 2007

Gnarls Barkley

I just have to say that I think these lyrics by Gnarls Barkley are some of the best song lyrics ever... and a freaking hot video too! (scroll down for lyrics)



Crazy
I remember when, I remember, I remember when I lost my mind,
There was something so pleasant about that place...
Even your emotions had an echo in so much space.

And when you're out there, without care,
Yeah, I was out of touch.
But it wasn't because I didn't know enough:
I just knew too much

Does that make me crazy?
Does that make me crazy?
Does that make me crazy?
Possibly

And I hope that you are having the time of your life,
But think twice, that's my only advice.

Come on now who do you, who do you, who do you, who do you Think you are, ha ha ha, bless your soul,
You really think you're in control!

Well,
I think you're crazy...
I think you're crazy...
I think you're crazy...
Just like me.

My heroes had the heart to lose their lives out on a limb,
And all I remember is thinkin' I wanna be like them.

Ever since I was little, ever since I was little it looked like fun,
And it's no coincidence I've come,
And I can die when I'm done.

But maybe I'm crazy?
Maybe you're crazy?
Maybe we're crazy?
Probably!

That's all I wanted to say today- just spreading the love, people!

3 comments:

Mignon said...

I tend to like popular music for all it's mindless head bopping and rump-shakin, but occasionally a song comes along that is both popular and very very good, and then it sorta pisses me off. I don't want to share the really good stuff, you know? And I think this song is phenomenal.

I feel the same way about Dave Mathews. I think he's great and his lyrics are amazing (Proudest Monkey, Tripping Billies, and on and on and on...)

Mia said...

I love this song and the video. The song tends to linger in your head for hours!

Louise said...

I have no idea what is popular anymore outside of my little brain in China, but I LOVED this song- it does make me a little sad that it seems that everyone else loves it too, I'm with ya Mignon, it's so much more special if it feels like you're the only one in the world with this superior understanding of good taste.

However, the song still rocks, and yes Mia, it stays in my head for hours too... days actually!