Friday, October 26, 2007

Colds and Kindergarten (well Nursery actually, but there's no alliteration in that...)

A mum shepherds her kid into my classroom and as I say good morning to them I double over, coughing up a lung or two.

She steps backwards, instinctively thrusting her arms down in front of her child with the age old back-away-from-my-kid-you-evil-predator-move.

What I actually say: "He he, it's just a cold, nothing to worry about" [splutter. cough. croak]

What I want to say: "Hey lady, you didn't see me backing away from your kid when he was coughing snot balls onto my favourite shirt and literally sneezing in my face, so the least you can do is have the courtesy not to flinch when I catch the same cold off him and yet still manage drag myself off my death bed into this petri dish known as a Nursery to look after your child."

No comments: