Thursday, February 01, 2007

Surprise

I don't care who's at the door at 8am, I ain't gonna get out of bed.

Unfortunately that backfired on me this morning when my Mum turned up in Shanghai as a complete surprise to me, to come see my exhibition on Saturday. I knew something was afoot, and this was actually my first guess, but I had since begun to think it was just flowers or something like that.

You got me guys.

Since arriving this morning I have thrown her on the back of my scooter and ridden around Shanghai in the freezing cold for hours, had one other scooter crash into us (no-one was hurt), and I screamed profanities at a taxi driver while banging on his hood for driving into my leg. Talk about throwing her into the deep end.

That'll teach her for surprising me!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lou,
Gad you liked the surprise and the flowers. 'Er made the decision last Saturday, and had it organised before we knew it. Hope the exhibition goes well. I would love to be there too. East on the scooter. Lots of ove to all.
HHD.