Sunday, February 18, 2007

Name that Tune

The ol' ipod's on shuffle and these are the first lines of the first ten songs to play. Can you name that tune?


1. People have some funny ideas, funny like crutches are. Bet it all on a shaddow, bet on a silhouette...

2.This is for the heads that’s loving the mix, My people in the front, all covered in spit, Batters in the box, Suffa to pitch...

3. You've been so kind and generous, I don't know how you keep on giving, For your kindness I'm in debt to you, For your selflessness, my admiration, And for everything you've done...

4. Could've sworn I heard you say amen this morning, showing some kind of sign that you believe, Did it fall from your tongue without warning or just another trick to fall from your sleeve...

5. Saw the sun come up again. Last week's papers and a pack of darts That got me through 'til ten. The ten fifteen's five minutes late.I really should just get out more these days...

6. September '75 I was 47 inches high, Mom said someday I would have A bad ass mother G.I. Joe for your little minds to blow I still got beat up after class...

7. You walked into my house last night. I couldnt help but notice, A light that was long gone still burning strong. You were sitting, Your fingers like fuses. Your eyes were cinnamon.

8. If you want my lovin, If you really do, don't be afraid baby, Just ask me, You know I'm gonna give it to you...

9. A man walks down the street, He says why am I soft in the middle now, Why am I soft in the middle, The rest of my life is so hard...

10. And my hell is the closet I'm stuck inside, Cant see the light, And my heaven is a nice house in the sky, Got central heating and I'm alright...

(PS. I ripped this idea off from Vernicious Knids... shameless....)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sad! I only know the two.

#6 is Ben Folds Five with 1 Angry Dwarf and 200 Solemn Faces.

#9 is Paul Simon with You Can Call Me Al.

Louise said...

BINGO!!