Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Go, Go, Go-Karting!

Last week heralded the 30-something-ieth birthday of our good friend John, so we decided to celebrate it with less than 30-something maturity levels: we went go-karting.

Go-Karting at anytime is fun, but on a track in Shanghai with ten of your closest friends (+beer) it is bloody awesome!

Gerald in front, with Phil behind, trying to figure out exactly where in his armpits he is supposed to fit his knees


The birthday boy, John


The line-up (I'm 3rd from the back but my head has been mysteriously disfigured)


The "+beer" portion of the evening at the bar at the track (L-R: Me, John, Steffie)


Getting cranky at having to wait too long for our race... 8 minutes is a long time some


Posing...

...Reposing


Bastien as the floating head in the helmet surrounded by me, Phil, Alberto and John


Me and Irene- the (sometimes) photographer and group emailer of these photos


Phil and Steffie deep in post-race analysis of the time sheets


Bastien- the over-excited French man


And of course:
The day-after injury photo-
my inner thigh the next evening with a splendid stamp of the go-kart steering column

3 comments:

Federica said...

first: it was a great night!
second: you are in the air again!!!!!!!!yuppi!!

Anonymous said...

I, for my defense, had NOTHING to do with said injury. I was calmly going around the corner, as one does, when Lou's go-kart appeared in front of me.

I was being chased by a crazy mad French guy with a blue helmet you know!

Mia said...

Ouch! I thought you were being chased by the power rangers there for a second.