Wednesday, February 27, 2008

123

I've been tagged by Dan to play this game:

123

“the mandate: pick up a book on the top of your book stack, turn to page 123, read the first five sentences, then post the next three sentences”.

I've been reading 'Shantaram' by Gregory David Roberts.

"They sat on the ground around my low bed, Prabaker and his parents and his neighbours, keeping me company in the warm, dark, cinnamon-scented night, and forming a ring of protection around me. I thought that it would be impossible to sleep within a circle of spectators, but in minutes I began to float and drift on the murmuring tide of their voices; soft and rhythmic waves that swirled beneath a fathomless night of bright, whispering stars.
At one point, Prabakers father reached out from his place at my left side to rest his hand on my shoulder."

No comments: