Wednesday, March 15, 2006

holy s***

It has taken years of in-depth field analysis but I am finally ready to deliver to the world my scientific break though:

This research has entailed surviving food poisoning, giardia, cyclospora and dysentary infections in developing countries; house-training 5 rabbits and 3 dogs; and being a nanny for years, at one time looking after 10 week old twins and spending my days up to my armpits in dirty nappies.

I am finally ready to reveal that I have solid evidence of the relation between poo and sanity: i.e. personal sanity decreases in inverse proportion with the amount of faeces in any given environment.

Its a fact. Just ask any mother.

(now I am off to the pharmacy to try to buy some antibiotics for a giardiasis infection... usually when my chinese vocab runs out, I play charades, but I am not sure how to mime 'diarrhea' in polite company.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you fared better than my friend and I did in Paris - remember that story???!

Louise said...

It turns out diarrhea is in my phrase book, although it is sadly lacking in such phrases as: "I have 3.6 seconds too find the nearest bathroom before I soil my pants".
And Em, I think about your story every time I consume medication which the friendly "pharmacist" (i.e. random dude in a dirty white coat)assures me is what I need, although I cannot read the chinese on the label. Hopefully I will not end up being given a laxative to treat a bad case of diarrhea...

Anonymous said...

Louise,I'm always glad to hear your poo stories,don't let them all slip away at once though!

Louise said...

diarrhea is kinda hard to control!