Sunday, July 27, 2008

Talula Does The Hula From Hawaii

Like many people, I look forward to embarrassing the hell out of my future children. As far as I am concerned it remains a fundamental right of parents world-wide.

However, naming my child 'Talula Does The Hula From Hawaii', as one New Zealand couple did, plainly crosses the line.

Judge Murfitt, who made written findings on the issue public, cited other names such as Number 16 Bus Shelter, Violence and Benson and Hedges (twins).

"Recently, for the first time in my experience as a Family Court judge, the name of a child described in text language has emerged," he said.

On that occasion the mother had named her daughter O.crnia but was prepared to concede to a condition of a parenting order so it could be adjusted to Oceania.

Murfitt said he was concerned such names presented a social hurdle for children.

-source



No comments: