Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Born to Ride

As of last Monday I am now the proud owner of a shiny electric scooter, just like this one:

Only mine is red... because that makes it go faster, you know (I'll post real photos soon).
While it looks pretty, it is actually made with more plastic than Dolly Parton and R2D2 combined. Yeah! Plastic Fantastic!
The manufacturers warranty is for 5 years, but at the rate of bicycle theft in this city, I'll be lucky if it lasts 5 weeks, even with a bloody great big lock strapped around the back wheel.
And as I rode down the streets of Shanghai at a dizzy 20km/hour, with the wind in my hair (well, just managing to lift a few strands) I felt like I had truly become a part of this mad city.

Oh, and it has a kick-arse horn.
(PS: Love and kisses to Phil/Santa for making my electric scooter dream a reality)

No comments: