Monday, December 05, 2005

"Whaddya mean BELOW ZERO??!!"

Today the temperature was a high of 3C and a low of -2C (see MSN Weather). Currently, at 6pm it is 1C, which, according to the weather forecast, with the winds it actually feels like -3C.
This Aussie is freezing her [insert suitable body part/s] off. For the first time in my life I have had to buy a REAL winter coat: an off-white, knee-length, quilted down coat, commonly referred to by Phil as my 'Michelin Man' coat.
Three months ago I had the air conditioner going at full-blast, and I was sitting under it in my underwear.
All I can say is that this city sure doesn't do things by half measures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I HAVE A COAT LIKE THAT! Except my boyfriend calls it my tampon jacket!

It's crazy to wake up and it's snowing!!!

I moved from Sydney to Connecticut USA (where it LOVES to get BELOW freezing for 6 months of the year!)

It makes me miss the Aussie winters and 'freezing my butt off' at home